Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wicked Games

Currently obsessed with "Wicked Games" by The Weeknd. "Bring your love, baby, I could bring my shame." It's worrisome how much that line resonates with me.

"Wicked Games" by The Weeknd

Speaking of hip hop, last night I took my sister to a "Drake vs Lil Wayne" concert. It was loud and boisterous and fairly enjoyable. Dancin' and yelling hard. But before the #TurnUp vibe started building, I jotted down a few notes. (We were waiting for the opener, YG.)

Anticipation tinged with boredom. The venue speakers are slapping rap tunes and everyone's on their phone, takin' selfies and texting. Okay, maybe it's just me. There's plenty of staring around and laughing groups. I'm here with my little sister, who went off to take a picture with some school friends in cheaper seats. I shelled out for our tickets.

I was gonna take my ex-boyfriend. I spent hundreds on these seats because I meant it to be a special birthday treat, a demonstration of my affection. Then he dumped me. So I told Destiny, "Fuck it, I'm taking you instead." She was thrilled.

No comments :

Post a Comment