Friday, January 10, 2014

Before I Wake

Carrie Ann Tripp wrote something today that stayed with me from morning until now, at 10pm: "If I fall asleep while talking to God, there isn’t time for the worry, the doubt, the endless to-do list for tomorrow to creep in and rob me of the peace He gives me. I can sleep in His peace."

Like most people, my mind keeps buzzing when I lie down at night. Especially if I've only just closed my computer. I would like to drift off in spiritual calm rather than blurry stress.

My job and my hobbies are somewhat similar. Different content, but the same processes. I have a tendency to keep going going going until I have to stop. Thank goodness our internet shuts off at 11:30pm.

These thoughts are fragmented, but sometimes a valuable reflection takes time to come together. Right now I'm going to close my laptop, run a bath, and read some more stories about faith.

No comments :

Post a Comment