Friday, January 17, 2014

Writing Reminder

Anne Lamott

Some of the most memorable authorial advice I ever got was from Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird. This is how it sticks in my head (although I'm sure the original phrasing was better): "Write, and more will come."

The idea behind this is that you shouldn't "save" your ideas. Use them as they occur to you, instead of waiting until a future date when you might be more capable, have a better venue, or whatever it is. Work with the material that excites you, right away! Anne Lamott promises that you won't run out of good concepts, and I have found that to be true.

This blog notwithstanding. HA.

Anne Lamott Book Signing

The photos in this post are just what came up when I searched "anne lamott" on Flickr. Both of them link back to their sources, which are Warwick's Books and Luther College _ Photo Bureau (yup, including the mysterious underscore).

No comments :

Post a Comment