Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Driving

driving

I have always appreciated the way you handle a car, so sure and competent. Sitting next to you, rolling the window down and then up and then down just a bit, adjusting to the wind and your speed. I like being able to reach over and touch you, put my hand on your shoulder or your neck.

I am excited to start accumulating experiences with you again. But I'm scared that my cup will be close to running over and yours will stay half full, that I'll spill like a forgotten drink at a rowdy party. Already I resist my communicative urges. "Don't say that; you'll sound needy."

I talk about this stuff with my therapist, and it helps. She eases the tension and pulls me back into actuality. But I wind myself up again.

2 comments :

  1. i always have a hard time w/ this, hearing friends in new relationships and such because Jonny & I have always been really open, over-sharing in fact, from the very beginning and i always think that's best. but, i totally get where you're coming from too because I've made a few new friends recently & i keep having to tell myself no, dont text again, they'll think you're annoying.

    ReplyDelete