Sunday, March 16, 2014

Orchids & Battle

pink spotted orchids pink spotted orchids

I am forever photographing neighborhood florals. Personally, I have very little impulse toward cultivating plants--although I've watered our succulents a few times and spritzed the spidery air plant hanging in the kitchen--but I enjoy the blossoming of others' efforts.

Yesterday meant watching Come Drink with Me at a chilly theater in Chinatown (as part of CAAM Fest 2014) and then driving back to the East Bay for Italian food at a restaurant where friends worked the bar, in the interest of sociability or something like that. I loved the Caprese salad, which came with yummy olives.



That's a scene from Come Drink with Me. I found the film bewildering, being constantly beset by the sense that further cultural context was needed. Looking up the history of Chinese opera helped a little.

No comments :

Post a Comment