Friday, September 20, 2013

Bit By Bit

It's much harder to produce content for this blog than for my various other blogs. Improving one's mental health is a difficult endeavor, and dwelling on the topic can be exhausting in and of itself. But I still feel like documenting my progress is valuable. I guess there's this (self-applied) pressure to write posts that other people will also be interested in, and that limits me.

Yesterday I felt quite depressed, but today was pretty good. I did some work for my online class, did a little bit of sewing, and restarted my art appreciation blog. That's a project I've let lapse for a while.

I think the biggest influence on my change of mood is that yesterday my boyfriend didn't text me, and today he did. I'm disappointed that his attention has such an effect on me. But then again, sometimes I sustain a good mood without talking to him at all.

It can be frustrating to try and figure out why I feel bad sometimes and good at other times. I guess there doesn't have to be a reason--my brain chemistry seems to have a lot to do with my depression, given how much my medication helps.

No comments :

Post a Comment