Wednesday, April 23, 2014

4/23/2014

It feels luxurious to linger in a cafe, sipping my latte and reading a thrilling book. Of course, the ritual is self-indulgent, but not in a way that I react to with guilt. After all, why not indulge the good parts of me? I like the inner aesthete, and the story-seeker.

starbucks solitude


This morning my dad asked me what my plans are for college. My head filled with a familiar pressure. I can't do it. And I don't know what to do. I've heard the spiel so many times, about why I should get a degree. I understand it. Maybe I don't think it's necessary, but I understand why it's useful. The thing is, I'm not convinced that I can do it. There's no evidence that I can do it.

I can't satisfy my parents. I can't be an adult. Who put my name on this list? Why am I signed up for this?

No comments :

Post a Comment