Thursday, April 24, 2014

Trying To Stay Financially Calm

Antique Ornate Money Can't Buy Happiness Digital Download Antique Ornate Money Can't Buy Happiness Digital Download for Papercrafts, Transfer, Pillows, etc Burlap


[redacted]

The family budget will have to shrink, and belt-tightening can unsettle one's sense of security. Of course, I am fantastically privileged (fiscally and otherwise) in comparison to most people, but my emotional experience doesn't necessarily reflect that. Change often has this effect, at least on me.

Last night I was thinking about ways to save money. Less travel, which I don't mind. Not eating out as much--that gives me a pang, since I love our local restaurants, but it's not so bad. The thought that really shakes me is giving up my therapist. She charges $150/hour and I see her once a week: the sum ascends to $600/month. That's equivalent to my entire income.

Treatment would be cheaper if I switched to a Kaiser therapist, since we already pay for the health insurance, and copays are usually just $20. But I feel like this therapist, this specific woman, has added a lot of value to my life. She's been helping me be healthier. What if I leave her and all of my progress falls apart?

I am so fatalistic. At least my mom reassured me that I can keep living with them. And my dad explained the rundown of expenses: our most significant costs were things like food and automotive upkeep.

It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay. There is no need to panic about this.

Another Day Another Dollar sticker - original bestplayever print - typographical capitalism money inspiration


money is a means, not an end #illustration #typography

// $14 print //

No comments :

Post a Comment