Friday, April 11, 2014

Decafternoon

Latte art

// PoYang //

I'm sitting at a cafe where the lattes are delicious and they cost $4. (Yes, they come with swirly foam like in the picture above.) My second one is being made at the moment. The baristas were happy to see me, 'cause I haven't been here in a while. Well, now I'm back, at least for a few hours. I drove my neighbor to a lengthy doctor's appointment, and this is where I'm hanging out until she texts that she's ready to be picked up.

I spent some time on running research: how to prevent injury, minimalist footwear, etc. I'm wary of overstressing my joints, and want to be informed as I get back into this. But there are fun parts too! Some free mixes to download: 1 & 2.

On the drive over to the medical center, I told my neighbor quite casually that I used to be in the intensive outpatient program. It's a little tricky to admit that. I'm not exactly embarrassed, but raw. Being vulnerable with someone you don't know well is hard. In fact, I find it wrenchingly difficult to be vulnerable with X, with whom I'm intimately acquainted. The rough part is worrying that your disclosure will adversely affect the other person's opinion of you.

No comments :

Post a Comment