Monday, April 7, 2014

Pep & Flowers

blue and yellow irises #flowers

Hooray for spring! I love the rich indigo of these irises, not to mention the cheery yellow spots!

I had a good therapy session today. EMDR is still somewhat mysterious to me, despite explanations like "the mind can in fact heal from psychological trauma much as the body recovers from physical trauma. When you cut your hand, your body works to close the wound. If a foreign object or repeated injury irritates the wound, it festers and causes pain. Once the block is removed, healing resumes. EMDR therapy demonstrates that a similar sequence of events occurs with mental processes. The brain's information processing system naturally moves toward mental health. If the system is blocked or imbalanced by the impact of a disturbing event, the emotional wound festers and can causes intense suffering. Once the block is removed, healing resumes."

Anyway, I've been feeling debilitatingly insecure about my relationship. Worrying like I'm back in middle school, about every girl he talks to and the length of time between texts. Of course, my anxiousness has nothing to do with his actual behavior, and everything to do with my own abysmal self-esteem. I gotta keep boosting myself and doin' my own thing.

No comments :

Post a Comment