Saturday, June 21, 2014

Blue & Gold Dusk

white poppies in the blue evening

I'm amazed at the quality level I can achieve with just my phone and some very basic editing. The photography process is definitely hit-and-miss compared to using the DSLR, but it's still totally possible to make beautiful pictures. Low light precludes nothing.

The sun descended slowly. I was reading Call of the Wild on my Kindle app while walking the dog--multitasking, whattup--but I had to pause and look around me, and then attempt to capture what I was seeing. My eyes perceived much more than the phone's camera lens, but these snapshots are enough to hold the mood of the evening.

I find it viscerally satisfying to document my life. There's a good pang in my gut, like being stuffed after Thanksgiving dinner. I have a powerful impulse to share the sights and reflections that fill my mind. Blogging is almost compulsive. I require this practice.

black trees and housetops as the sun goes down

No comments :

Post a Comment