Friday, June 20, 2014

Flowers & Pride

Today in my endless series, Random Neighborhood Nature Photos:

gold and orange California poppy

I don't actually like California poppies, except that they represent the state I love best. I dunno--they're just not especially appealing to me, from a purely aesthetic point of view. But I think the photo above is pretty cool, although the focus could be sharper.

pink roses peeking through the trees

Roses, on the other hand, are among my favorite flowers. I'm sure I've mentioned that before.

I'm proud of myself because I've been writing steadily, producing every day. I'm proud of myself because I went to my sociology class and enjoyed it, and didn't beat myself up too badly for contributing to the discussion contentiously. I'm proud of myself because I have been telling X when I feel vulnerable, sharing my worries about our relationship. I'm proud of myself because I got lost in Sphere and The Racketeer. I'm proud of myself because I'm not shaking with fear that being proud of myself will guarantee a fall.

No comments :

Post a Comment