Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Freeze Yourself A Billion Times

I am forever preserving myself: this is what I did and this is what I look like and this is how I feel. A personal blog is the modern version of a diary, is it not?

I have such an archival urge. I don't know why I do it, really. For the most part, I don't look back through what I've recorded. So what's the point?

I still have all my old notebooks from middle school, full of daily happenings and poems and a lot of stuff about boys. They take up space that I could use to store craft supplies or whatever, anything that's part of my contemporary life, but I can't bring myself to throw them away. Or even to move them out of my room.

I guess I vaguely plan to type up all my journals one day, to maybe even use them as the jumping-off point for a novel. But that decidedly has not happened.

No comments :

Post a Comment