Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Medical Musing

This surgery has brought up all my insecurities about independence--or rather, my lack thereof. I kept thinking to myself, "What would I do if my parents hadn't been able to cover the copay for this? What would I do if my mom couldn't take me to the hospital and pick me up again? What would I do if my parents couldn't cover the cost for the pain meds? What would I do if I didn't have my mom to pick up the prescription for me? What if she wasn't there to take care of me afterward? What if I had to deal with panicking about nausea on my own? What if what if what if?"

I kinda know the answer. I think I would collapse and not deal with anything. I might just die. I mean, I probably wouldn't have scheduled the surgery in the first place without my mom's encouragement. I can't imagine coping with my day-to-day life, let alone a big medical event like this tonsillectomy, without my parents' emotional and financial support. That scares me so much.

No comments :

Post a Comment