Friday, October 18, 2013

Lipstick Prayer

I consider myself religious. I'm not a believer, but I am religious.

I am not oriented towards worship. Maybe at some point I will be, but that's definitely not where I'm at right now. I don't know who or what I would worship, anyway.

I want to cultivate some kind of active, daily spiritual practice, but I feel a little lost as far as what direction to take that. Christianity definitely resonates with me--those are the symbols and stories I grew up with. Especially the aspects of Christianity that pertain to the divine feminine. The divine feminine in general, actually.

Maybe femme could be a spiritual practice?

My recent experiences with religion have been undertaken with the goal of self care. I don't know if pursuing religion will make me a better person, but I do know that saying the Hail Mary calms me down and makes me feel better when I'm freaking out.

I wish there were a church where I felt really engaged and excited. Maybe I'll try the Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley again, but solo this time.

No comments :

Post a Comment