Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Know You Are But What Am I

When it comes to making things, I have always considered myself a writer foremost and anything else second. Well--perhaps not. Self-perception isn't steady like that, at least not in my experience. But words have persistently been the medium that I can use without doubt; the one I'm most keyed into. And I do always write. I go through phases with other kinds of art--my interest in collage/photography/drawing will wax and wane. But I use words constantly.

I haven't been doing a lot of artistic/literary writing lately. The occasional poem goes into my journal, but that's it. For the most part I've been writing on my fashion blog and my Tumblr, trying to be pithy and entertaining. It's fun, but something within me remains unexpressed.

No comments :

Post a Comment